Sunday, June 21, 2015

Day 24

 I finally have convinced mom that lil’ man does not need to eat through the night and we are starting to see improvements. He slept until 2:30 a.m., needing a re-swaddle and then woke again at 5:30 a.m. for a Binky check; things are getting better. I got up to make morning coffee, with a sense that things are going to start getting better.


Today mom left for work with a fresh smile and laugh. I too was feeling better and whatever had happened, we both needed it badly. The plan for the day was to drop off a birthday quiche to an friend of ours and then head up to Grandma C’s house to visit for a bit; we had planned on the usual Tuesday meeting but she was not feeling well yesterday. We headed out to visit the birthday girl and she was excited to meet us quickly at the door. I was thinking I would be simply dropping off the present but we were invited in and offered coffee. Our hostess asked to hold lil’ man and I happily obliged. About an hour later, we finally wrapped up our visit – it lasted far longer than expected. There was another stop in the area I thought to make today too – a quick introduction of lil’ man to a friendly librarian that had helped me in the past. We made the stop and Esther was thrilled to see me again and to meet lil’ man. She immediately went to hold him and hugged him like no other – she has never had children of her own. She paraded him around the library, showing him off to all of her co-workers and then introduced us to the children’s room librarian. We concluded our visit and it was off to Grandma C’s house. The trip had already been more than planned. Once we arrived, lil’ man was already expressing his discomfort with all of the action of the day. It was feeding time but he was not overly interested in anything more than sleep. I managed to calm him and grandma C got a chance to feed him in quite. She was able to play with him for a bit and then we lay him down to rest. He went immediately to sleep, without any fuss. I stayed and visited for a bit and then, car loaded, grandpa J came home from work. He, of course, wanted to visit with his grandson too. I took lil’ man back out of the car and unbuckled him from his chair; we all sat in the front yard of the house. Lil’ man was not happy. I think he may have felt mislead…home being so close on the horizon. He fussed while grandpa tried to admire and play with him, but lil’ man wanted nothing to do with it. So, I reluctantly loaded him back up and we drove off, screaming baby in the backseat. He woke occasionally, just when the car was stopped; he definitely wanted to get home to his usual spot. We got home and I placed him to bed immediately. There was not complaint. Mom got home and I gave her the story of our day. She was impressed with all of the stops and travel. We ate a quite meal and concluded our day. We went to bed at 10:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment