Monday, June 15, 2015

Day 19

I (we) may all well have slept through the night. If there was stirring, I slept right through it all. I heard lil’ man make some noise at 4:00 a.m. so I got up to feed him. He went immediately back to sleep. I suspect he is exhausted from yesterday’s events. I stayed awake and made the morning coffee / fresh water for the dogs / clean baby bottles / fresh formula….


Dad too got a little extra sleep. When mom addressed the 7:00 a.m. feeding, he slept. Lil’ man slept off early a.m. jitters and woke up again at 10:00 a.m. He was groggy and simply wanted to eat. There was not much play time or actual interaction; he lay back down to sleep after his feeding. It was much needed. At 1:00 p.m., we had some tummy time, intermixed with toy stimulation. He was intrigued with a floppy toy that had a mirror on it. The interaction was good at first but lil’ man quickly expressed anxiety at the newness of everything I was presenting to him. After putting things away, he fell asleep immediately. The 4:00 p.m. feeding ended when lil’ man slapped the bottle away from himself. The bottle landed solidly on the floor. Mom had a similar experience at the 7:00 p.m. feeding. It appears our son is gaining in his strength. Mom and dad got to watch a movie, uninterrupted; we went to bed at 10:30 p.m. and fell fast asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment