Monday, June 15, 2015

Day 21

I woke for a 5:30 a.m. re-binky. At 7:00 a.m. he required a change and food. Lil’ man is going back to sleep willingly. A few TSO’s and I knew he is doing okay. Now dad is enjoying a relaxed cup of coffee, the smells and sounds of our early spring days and a little peace and quite.


I lay back down in bed with my lovely wife, around 8:00 a.m. She got up shortly after and took to daily chores. I slept. I slept good. I slept in until noon…I was pooped. In that time, she had already done: laundry, vacuuming and other needed things around the house. I made us a quick brunch sandwich, as she handled the rearing tasks. She basically set me free to begin the process of cleaning up all of my messes from the household improvements and repairs – a large task. Around 3:00 p.m., she asked about laying sod in our mud pit area of the yard. She reluctantly called and found that the local home improvement store did have what we needed. So, off to the store I headed for 80 sheets of heavy sod. Together we unloaded the material and lay it out in our backyard. This needed to be done; we are both exhausted with the amount of mud cleanup we have performed in the past few weeks, each and every day. Some neighborhood friends were out walking and stopped to say hello. Mom got a chance to show off our son, compare him to their 14-month old boy and dad got a chance to talk sod with a friend. They left and we finished up our yard work. Once finished, mom and I talked about what we had done this weekend and neither of us could actually recall what we had done. We were in bed by 10:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment