Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Day 25
Lil’ man slept through the night, waking only for a 4:30 a.m. re-swaddle. This is a huge deal for us. That is 6.5 hours of uninterrupted sleep – amazing!!! Mom took care of him and he went back to sleep for another couple of hours. She fed him at about 7:00 a.m. and he again lay back down to sleep.


Lil’ man gave me a gift today, an easier day. I needed to run to a nearby store for a replacement battery and he went without much fuss. As the scheduled feeding time passed, he did complain but once home I fed him immediately. Then back to napping. Noontime we sat on the couch and I re-introduced him to our dog, Gordo. The dog was jealous of our sofa time so I invited him up to sit with us. Lil’ man was not overly interested; there is a ceiling fan in the main room and he was moving his head as the blades moved, but I encouraged the interaction. Gordo climbed up on the couch and lay down next to us. He sung a tune of moans and groans, nothing much to say that he looked forward to the meet and greet. Lil’ man was licked on his hands and face, however, and the event went well enough for a start. After the 4:00 p.m. feeding and free time, I tucked our son in and left for naptime. About an hour later, I heard noises coming from the room. On opening the door, I found him playing and cooing. I quickly said, “Aren’t you supposed to be sleeping”? He replied with a grand grin and a quick snuggling back in for his nap. Mom returned home and handled the late feeding, admiring him each moment she had with him. We went to bed around 10:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment